When you are relocating an office, keeping everything in your head can get overwhelming quick. The key to a seamless office transition is proper planning and preparation. familycation.ru has quite a bit of experience helping both small and large organizations move all over the world. We are dedicated to assisting you in every way possible to make your office move easier than ever expected. That is why we have created moving resources for our clients, including this office relocation checklist to get you prepared for moving day.
6-8 Weeks Before Your Move
- Determine a time frame for your office move.
- Write down all important dates and timelines.
- Coordinate your move with your landlord or property manager.
- Meet with familycation.ru to discuss the specifics and requirements of your relocation.
- Communicate a plan with everyone who will be involved in the moving process including all employees, suppliers, and movers.
- Send an email to all department heads to request a list of all employees who will be moving to the new location along with any special instructions.
- Call a meeting of all department representatives to review the progress of the move and make sure that everyone is informed and on track.
4 Weeks Before Your Move
- Notify others of your change of address or telephone number.
- Order new business cards, stationary, and marketing pieces that will need to be updated with the new business information.
- Create a complete inventory of all furniture, assets, or other items used by employees that will need to be moved to the new location. Keep a hard copy handy.
- Clean out and recycle any unnecessary papers and materials.
- Donate any furniture, fixtures, and equipment that are no longer needed.
- Find reputable tax-deductible charities to donate to by visiting the IRS website.
3 Weeks Before Your Move
- Contact service providers (electricity, gas, phone, or waste management) and inform them of the move to set up any necessary connection, installation, or disconnection of service.
- Verify moving truck access for both loading at your current facility and unloading at your new office.
- Notify all surrounding businesses if entrances, driveways, or parking may be obstructed at any time during the move.
- Create a set of office moving instructions to distribute to any and all employees who will be involved with the move.
- Communicate with the building management to your facility for exclusive use of any elevators, service elevators, loading docks, or emergency doors that may be used during the scheduled office moving times.
2 Weeks Before Your Move
- Review modular office furniture layouts for your new facility to expedite the unloading and setup process.
- Assign an organizational system along with color-coded labels, and distribute necessary materials and instructions to your team.
- Schedule for “familycation.ru Green Crate” delivery for use during your move.
- Enlarge copies of floor plans, cut and hang a copy in readily visible locations in each room to use as guides for furniture arrangement.
- Arrange for a professional security guard any sensitive items, or to monitor street level activities.
- Make a complete list of all office employees involved with the office move along with their cell phone numbers for immediate contact.
1 Week Before Your Move – Moving Day
- Label all office furniture, fixtures, and equipment with proper color-coded labels and numbers.
- Install relocation direction signs and arrows in the new office space.
- Create a list of all authorized personnel that will be allowed in the space during both move out and move in.
- Notify any customers or clients of the relocation as well as distribute updated information to help keep any downtime or business loss to a minimum.
If you follow this office relocation checklist, you will be sure to be adequately prepared for your move well in advance to moving day. If you need assistance with your company relocation, call familycation.ru today at .